"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you’ve always imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau
Welcome to my lifestyle blog! My goal here is to share with you content that is not on my social media and that gives you a closer look into my life. I haven't decided how often I will be posting but I will do my best to keep it interesting!
- I am a native Texan, born and raised in Houston (where I currently live with my amazing boyfriend and puppy)
- I graduated from The University of Alabama (Roll Tide!)
- I have a serious case of wanderlust (it's bad y'all, just typing the word wanderlust I start thinking about where I wana go next lol)
- I am a serious morning person (I usually don't sleep past 6 am on weekdays)
- I am pretty much obsessed with my fur baby, Riley, who also goes by "Bear" follow him on IG: @lifeofrileybear
- Pink and emerald green are my favorite colors
- I could live off of coffee, green juice and well crafted cocktails...oh and sweets of course (I have a horrible sweet tooth)
- I volunteer with the Junior League of Houston
- Soul Cycle is my go to work out
- I love to design and make jewelry - obviously!
The story behind my jewelry company, St. Raine
It all started In the fall of 2014 at the Nutcracker Market in Houston, Texas. I go to the Nutcracker Market every year, but this year was different...I was at a place in my career where I knew I wanted/needed a change but I wasn't sure what to do or where to look. Seeing the thousands and thousands of vendors and artists that year at the market truly inspired me and I left there with a dream of becoming my own boss and creating my own brand. This was a dream I never thought I would actually do anything with...I mean come on I've had a million other dreams that hadn't transpired but thankfully this one was different.
I got home, took out all of my purchases (pretty much all jewelry) and immediately the "wheels" in my head started turning. I knew I could do this, I could design and make jewelry just like what I bought, if not better! Sure enough thats what I did and people actually liked it! Not only did they like it...they wanted to buy it!
It took me about a year to finally make my dream come true, taking a leap of faith and leaving my 9-5:00 job. Once I did, I never looked back! I couldn't be happier with where I am today. I am creating and making unique products to enhance a person’s personal journey, establishing my career path, doing the things that I am passionate about and having the flexibility to explore my all my interests.
A little info on how I came up with the name of my company...The concept of St. Raine is derived from my last name - Strain - and the french word for "queen" - raine. My first name, Sarah, means princess, so naturally I thought St. Raine was perfect! To me it represents the next chapter of my life and coming into my true self.
All my collections are handmade by yours truly! I am proud to say that these hands of mine have been working hard. I never make anything that I wouldn't wear myself, which is why I love what I do so much!
I encourage you to visit my shop and take a look around. Custom orders are always welcome!